UNESCO/APCEIU Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED 2019 (Fully-funded to Seoul, Korea)
Deadline: March 31, 2019
Applications are open for the UNESCO/APCEIU Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED 2019. The Asia-Pacific Centre of Education for International Understanding (APCEIU) will organize the 5th Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED (Global Citizenship Education) from 3 to 9 June 2019.
The one-week Workshop aims to build capacity of dynamic youth leaders around the world to identify strategies to achieve Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), specifically Target 4.7, and to carry out innovative initiatives on fostering global citizenship and human rights. While enabling participants to deepen their understanding of GCED, the Workshop allows the young leaders to play a major role and become part of a wider network of youth leaders for GCED.
During the Workshop, participants will identify specific priority issues around global citizenship and establish plans for the future direction of GCED. Working both individually and in groups, the young leaders will devise the goals and strategies for use at local and national levels. Participants will learn about specific areas such as GCED and human rights through information sessions and engage in dialogue and debates on the evolving issues. As part of the Workshop, participants will make a field visit to discuss the role of youth for a more peaceful and sustainable future.
- APCEIU will provide accommodation, meals, and local transportation for all participants during the workshop;
- APCEIU will also cover the round-trip international airfare to and from Seoul, Korea. However, participants are responsible for domestic travel expenses to and from international airport in their countries and Korean visa application fees;
- Certificates of completion will be offered at the end of the workshop only if you have attended more than 95% of the workshop programme.
- Open to youths between 19 and 28 years of age (born between 1991 and 2000);
- Applicants should be youths who are citizens of both the ODA recipient countries and the UNESCO member states;
- The Youth Leadership Workshop is taught in English so applicants must be proficient in spoken and written English;
- You have to complete the e-learning course with passing grades. Other than that, your application will not be considered during the selection process.
Click here to apply
For more information, visit UNESCO/APCEIU Youth Leadership Workshop on GCED.