YouthStartCT Entrepreneurial Challenge 2019 for Startups in South Africa
Applications are invited for the YouthStartCT Entrepreneurial Challenge 2019. The YouthStartCT Challenge is a start-up programme which aims to contribute to skills development and innovation, as well as encouraging entrepreneurship in Cape Town.
They want you to share your best entrepreneurial ideas for boosting employment in your local community. In exchange, they will provide training and development opportunities for start-ups and the overall winner will be given the chance to partner with the City on projects that benefit jobseekers and provide long-term employment opportunities.
- The top 100 entrants will be notified by email by Saturday, 25 May 2019 and will be offered training and mentoring workshops to further develop their ideas.
- They will be required to pitch their ideas to a panel of judges between Wednesday, 29 May – Saturday, 22 June and a number of entries will be eliminated from the competition each week.
- The winner, alongside two finalists, will be announced at a gala dinner on Tuesday, 25 June.
- The competition is open to all South African citizens who are in possession of a valid identity document.
- All participants must be aged between 18 – 35 years old. Proof of identity and age will be required.
Every entry will be reviewed according to the following criteria:
- Hydroponics business ideas (growing plants and herbs that do not rely on water or soil)
- Mobile application development (using technology to help prevent online scams and theft of personal information)
- Social development business ideas (upliftment projects that can increase employment and upskill local talent)
- Water saving business ideas (innovative ways to preserve Cape Town’s water supply).
How to Enter
- Create a three minute video explaining your idea, with as much detail as possible.
- Upload the video to a public video platform such as YouTube. Make sure you note down the URL as you will need to include it in your entry form.
- Complete the YouthStartCT entry form.
For more information, visit YouthStartCT Entrepreneurial Challenge.