Cenfri Bursary Program 2021 and Application Closing Date.
Cenfri is a South African company, targets postgraduate students who have a passion for world developmental issues to enrol in its bursary initiative. Transforming them into thought leaders, they have traversed 35 countries in Africa, Latin America, and Asia, working on matters relating to financial-sector development in emerging markets. The body solved complex development problems throughout the countries.
Cenfri’s ethos in action provides for more astute regulation and market provision of capital. This is the result of thorough research, bespoke consulting projects and ready, robust advice and support for dynamic models for regulators, donors, financial service providers (FSPs) and others in the low-income market.
Cenfri Bursary Program 2021
Cenfri gears its mission of supporting financial development and any financial inclusion through its Bursary Program. 2021 is yet another year when they decided to collaborate with local universities to offer bursaries to Postgraduate students in their first or final year of Master’s qualification. Applicants must pursue:
- Economics course
- Any other field related to economics
It offers one of the best bursary coverages to help you study and support your life in school. The bursary covers some student expenses that include:
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation fees
- Cost of food
- Transportation cost
- An allowance for prescribed textbooks
- A laptop allowance
The program allocates applicants with mentors dedicated to their work to guide them through the whole year of their study. It also gives them a chance to gain a minimum of 6-week working experience as interns at Cenfri’s Office in Cape Town while they study. Once they graduate, they are to be among the team of research analysts.
Cenfri Bursary 2021 Requirements and Eligibility
There are minimum application criteria that applicants need to satisfy before beginning the application process. They should meet all these requirements to have their applications considered.
- You must be a South African citizen
- You should have completed an undergraduate qualification
- You must enter a Master’s qualification in your a first or final year pursuing a field in economics and any other field related to it
- Your minimum result in all subjects done in the current or most recent year of study should be 60%
- You study at a tertiary institution accredited in South Africa
- Your interests should be in research and its related activities
- Your passion should be in development
- You should have good interpersonal skills
- Your writing and presentation skills should be explicit
- Your quantitative and analytical skills should be exemplary
- You should have advanced English verbal-writing skills need
- You must take part in teamwork and be independent
- You work in MS Office and its applications
- Support employment equity
- Provide proof that you need financial aid
- Knowledge of state as well as in analyzing household survey data is an added advantage
- Know how to speak additional African languages to increase your application qualifications
To start the application process, fill out the application form online by clicking here.
Before submission, you have to accompany some supporting documents. Ensure you submit all the listed documents below for consideration of your application.
- A certified copy of your ID
- Provide a certified copy of your latest academic transcripts if you are at tertiary level
- A document of proof for your household income
- Provide a letter of motivation in two pages explaining why you should receive the bursary.
Application Closing Date
This bursary application process ends on 13 October 2020 .
Only qualified candidates are to receive feedback where they are to attend a panel interview. Here they undergo psychometric assessments and their technical skills tested. Failure to receive any feedback by the end of the first week of December 2020 means your application was unsuccessful.
For any question or queries related to the Cenfri bursary program, please contact Cenfri directly at:
Address: 99 Jip De Jager Dr, De Bron, Cape Town, 7530
Telephone Number: +27 21 913 9510
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org