IITPSA Bursary Programme 2023/2024
We Pleased to you updated about IITPSA Bursary Programme 2023/2024
About IITPSA Bursary Programme
ICT skills are in short supply in South Africa and, as a SAQA recognized professional body in this industry, we need to ensure that talented, top-performing students are given the opportunity to access the sector.
The IITPSA bursary will provide financial support to full-time students enabling them to complete their education and pursue a career that will help to grow the IT industry and the South African economy.
The bursary will be granted for a three-year degree in any of the following:
- Bachelor of Science (BSc) Computer Science / Information Systems / Applied Computing
- Bachelor of Commerce (BCom) Information Systems / Informatics.
The bursary includes the following:
- Full tuition fees, registration fees and exam fees
- University administered accommodation.
This is an ideal opportunity for a learner to access a generous bursary available for study from year one. The bursary will be awarded for one academic year at a time. Renewal for the second/third academic year will be dependent on satisfactory academic performance in the previous year of study and will not cover repeat subjects/modules.
- Applicants must have achieved an average of 65% and above in the latest examinations.
- Applicants must be registered for full-time undergraduate studies.
- Applicants must meet the entry requirements in the fields of commerce, science, engineering, mathematics and technology at a registered public university.
- Applicants will be required to participate in a formal assessment process including but not limited to Psychometric evaluation and an interview.
- Financial need is considered in applications.
- Only applications from South African citizens will be considered.
Preference will be given to students that have participated and excelled in The Computer Programming Olympiad, which is a project of IITPSA, is one of the oldest and largest competitions of its kind in the world and has been running since 1984.
The Olympiad is aimed at the following:
- Identifying, encouraging, and rewarding programming aptitude.
- Promoting and encouraging computer studies.
- Creating awareness of career opportunities in ICT.
The competition attracts a lot of talent but, unfortunately, very few female candidates enter the competition. As an incentive to encourage more female candidates to participate in the competition, IITPSA will give preference to the female candidate that places highest in the Top 3 rounds and who intends to pursue ICT-related studies at a recognized South African tertiary institution.
How to apply
- Applications must be completed on StudyTrust’s WhatsApp platform before 30 September to be considered for a bursary for next year.
- Application Season: 01 April to 30 September.
- Please carefully read the instructions on our Bursary Applications page before beginning your application.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information don’t hesitate to Follow & Like Us on Facebook, to get the IITPSA Bursary Programme Latest update 2023.
However, if you have any feelings regarding IITPSA Bursary Programme 2023 Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it ASAP.