National Student Financial Aid Scheme Application and Requirements 2023
Here on this Educative Page, We gladly inform you about NSFAS Application, NSFAS 2023 Online Application, How to Create NSFAS Account, NSFAS Registration Portal & NSFAS Application Requirements.
ABOUT NSFAS BURSARY
The National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS) is a South African government student financial aid scheme that provides financial aid to poor undergraduate students to help pay for the cost of their tertiary education after finishing high school.
It is funded by the Department of Higher Education and Training. The program also manages bursaries such as the Funza Lushaka Teacher Bursary (for students pursuing a teaching qualification), DHET Disability Bursary, and other bursaries from the Sector Education and Training Authorities (SETAs).
NSFAS 2023 REQUIREMENTS
- Your own cellphone number and email address
- Copy of your ID or birth certificate
- ID copies of parents, guardians,s or spouse
- If you are a SASSA grant recipient, no proof of income will be required
- Applicants with a disability must submit a completed and signed Disability Annexure A Form.
- Combined household income of R350 000 or less per annum
- If you are living with a disability, you need to have a combined household income of R600 000 or less per annum
NSFAS 2023 ONLINE APPLICATION
To apply Online for NSFAS, click on the Link Below to Apply via the NSFAS Official mynsfas.
NSFAS BURSARY REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICATION
The following basic requirements must be met in order to apply for any of the NSFAS bursaries; applicants must:
- Be South African citizens
- Comply with the entry requirements set by the universities of their choice / have proof of registration or acceptance to said university
Once successfully awarded the bursary, students must pass all courses and complete the qualification within the minimum time frame prescribed by the particular university to avoid the risk of having to repay the bursary amount.
In some cases, bursars may be required to report their particular NSFAS bursary exam results in order to continue to receive funding.
All applications will require certified copies of the following:
- ID document
- Grade 12 results
- Parent/guardian’s ID and employment documents (salary slips/pensions slips if applicable/affidavit if unemployed)
- Proof of university acceptance/registration
see also: How to Create NSFAS Account
NSFAS BURSARY PACKAGE
Unless otherwise stated, the bursary fund will allow for a portion of, if not all of, the following study-related costs:
- Prescribed books/study material
NSFAS CONTACT DETAILS
NSFAS Account, Payment, and Balance Enquiries
For queries regarding payments and balances:
Tel No.: 08000 67327
FOR GENERAL, STUDENT AND NSFAS WALLET ENQUIRIES
For all other queries regarding students:
Tel No.: 08000 67327
The Halyard, 4 Christiaan Barnard St, Cape Town City Centre, Cape Town, 8001
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information don’t hesitate to Follow & Like Us on Facebook, Share and get NSFAS Latest update 2023.
However, if you have any Questions regarding NSFAS Bursary 2023 Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it ASAP.