Sage External Bursary 2023-2024
We pleased to keep you updated about Sage External Bursary 2023-2024
About Sage External Bursary
Sage South Africa supports and encourages continuous studying for youth as part of skills development and empowerment.
Sage provides previously disadvantaged youth and youth living with disability financial support to further their studies through registered public universities with the aim to empower them and support greater success and throughput.
The Sage External Bursary considers undergraduate studies in public universities across South Africa. The bursary is also highly considering students with disabilities.
Who can apply
Students who meet the following criteria can apply:
- Applicants must be South African Citizens;
- Previously disadvantaged Individual (PDI);
- Applicants must have applied for, and been admitted into, a public higher education institution;
- Applicant’s family income should be from R350 000 to R500 000 per annum; assuming that those below this bracket are covered by the National Student Financial Aid Scheme (NSFAS). Students who are below this bracket and meet the criteria but have not been covered by NSFAS will also be considered;
- The field of study should be IT, Accounting and Computer Sciences; an exception will be made for people living with disabilities to include all other fields of studies;
- Current pass rate should be 65% and over, an exception will be made for people living with disabilities for a lower rate but not below the expected pass rate; and
- The fund will cover current fees or historical debts.
The Sage External Bursary will cover the costs (capped) of the following:
- residence / private accommodation
- stationery and books.
Undergraduate Degree programmes:
- Computer Science / Engineering and Information Technology,
- Bachelor of Commerce (specializing in Accounting and Finance).
Year level: first to final year students.
People with Disability
Undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in all study Programmes.
• Current Gr 12 learners with Mathematics and Physical Science marks of 75% and above.
• Current university students who are consistently obtaining an average of 65% and above.
How to apply
- Applications must be completed on StudyTrust’s online Xhuma (WhatsApp) platform before 30 September to be considered for a bursary for next year.
- Only applications from South African citizens will be considered.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information don’t hesitate to Follow & Like Us on Facebook, to get the Sage External Bursary Latest update 2023.
However, if you have any feelings regarding Sage External Bursary 2023 Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it ASAP.