WWF South Africa Environmental Leaders Graduate Internship Programme 2021, Requiremets and Application Deadline
Are you a graduate who wants to gain valuable workplace experience, network in professional communities of practice and participate in meaningful work for the environment?
If you have graduated in the natural, legal, engineering, business, social sciences or arts, we invite you to apply for the WWF South Africa Environmental Leaders 2021 Graduate Internship Programme.
WWF is a leading, global environmental organization with a vision of a future in which people and nature thrive. To realise this vision, WWF South Africa invests in the development of future leaders for the environment through a year-long graduate internship placement, from 1 April 2021 to 31 March 2022.
Interns are placed with WWF South Africa’s environmental programmes as well as with partner organisations associated with our work. Working with a dedicated and trained mentor, you will have the opportunity to get involved with the work of the organisation with which you are placed and interact with professionals pursuing the
same vision of a better world for all.
Across disciplines, graduates come from universities with new and novel ideas of how to respond to the increasing socio-ecological crises we are all caught up in. Law graduates are looking for new ways to ensure environmental rights are not violated. Urban Planners are looking for new ways to design cities for low carbon transport. Economists are trying to better value natural resources, and determine costs and impacts of environmental neglect. These graduates need both the workplace and opportunity to explore some of these new ideas in a real work environment, while at the same time building the foundations of their future careers and increasing their employability.
- WWF’s Graduate Internships provide a practical and paid bridging experience for new graduates to gain valuable experience and workplace-based training, and connect into professional networks to establish their careers for the environment.
- Every two years, WWF recruits a new cohort of Honours and Masters graduates into a structured and mentored 12-18 month internship programme.
- In addressing skills in high demand, internship positions range from traditional green occupations, like the Park Ranger and Ecologist to emerging areas of specialization such as the Environmental Economist, Environmental Engineer and the green Architect.
- Applicants are selected for their specialism, coupled with an expressed commitment to and passion for the environment. Interns are placed with a host organization and assigned a dedicated and trained mentor.
- Training workshops help interns to explore and develop workplace-based competencies, such as ethics, relationships, and communications in the workplace, employee rights and responsibilities, learning through feedback from performance appraisals, and finding their next job.
To apply you would have
- Completed a degree in the natural, legal, engineering, business, social sciences and/or arts. Post graduates are given first preference in placement. First degree graduates are considered only in the case of exceptional academic achievement.
- A demonstrated and clearly articulated commitment to a better and sustainable world for all.
- A commitment to career development in the environment sector.
- A record of exceptional academic and professional achievement.
- Exceptional leadership potential.
To submit an application
– Apply online through WWF South Africa’s secure application portal or download and complete the application form.
– Review the placement opportunities below and then motivate for your three preferred placements, in the application form.
– Upload or attach the following documentation, in a single merged PDF file, to support your application:
¡ Certified copy of your ID or passport.
¡ Certified copies of your academic transcripts only.
¡ An abridged CV of no more than 2 pages.
– Do not submit any additional documentation with your application, other than those specified.
– Submit your completed application, with supporting documentation, either through the online portal or via email to Mrs. Lameez Bayat at WWF South Africa.
Application Deadline: 31 August 2020.