As the cost of higher education continues to rise, scholarships have become vital in ensuring that deserving students have access to quality education. At the University of Alabama (UA), a prestigious institution renowned for its academic excellence and vibrant campus life, a plethora of scholarships are available to support students in pursuing their dreams. This article aims to shed light on the diverse range of scholarships offered by the University of Alabama and highlight the opportunities they provide for prospective and current students.
The University of Alabama offers some of the most generous scholarship opportunities in the country for qualifying students. Complete the steps below to maximize your scholarship and aid opportunities.
Steps To Apply For For The University Of Alabama Scholarships 2023 – 2024
Step 1: Apply For Admissions & Scholarships
As a first-time freshman applicant, you must submit the following to be considered for admission:
- Application for admission
- Official high school transcript
- Optional submission of official ACT or SAT test score*
- Visit UA’s International Admissions Requirements page
The University of Alabama will not require standardized ACT or SAT scores from students applying through the Fall 2024 Semester. For more information, see UA’s Freshman Requirements page.
Step 2: Maximize Your Scholarship Opportunities
To maximize scholarship opportunities, students who wish to enroll in the fall and summer semesters should submit an application and all supporting documents by January 15, or the spring semester should submit an application and all supporting documents by November 1.
If you are enrolling in the fall or summer semester as a main campus student and meet the January 15 deadline, you will be considered for competitive scholarships offered by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions & Scholarships, the National Alumni Association, academic colleges and all departments across campus. All fall and summer semester admits that meet the January 15 deadline will be emailed instructions to complete the Freshman Supplemental Scholarship Application.
If you are enrolling in the spring semester as a main campus student and meet the November 1 deadline, you will be considered for competitive scholarships offered by the Office of Undergraduate Admissions & Scholarships.
2023 International UA Competitive Admissions Scholarship
All students who have submitted an application and all supporting documents by the listed deadline are evaluated holistically, based upon academic and non-academic information provided on their admission application. Academic components considered include high school GPA and academic honors. Non-academic items include leadership experience, volunteer experience, extracurricular activities, employment and non-academic honors.
This scholarship has a value of $6,000 up to tuition.
- Spring 2023: Students who have submitted an application and all supporting documents by November 1
- Fall/Summer 2023: Students who have submitted an application and all supporting documents by January 15
- 1st Round: mid-December for students who have submitted an application and all supporting documents by October 15
- 2nd Round: early February for students who have submitted an application and all supporting documents by November 30
- 3rd Round: early March for students who have submitted an application and all supporting documents by January 15
2023 International Freshman Automatic Merit Scholarships
|Scholarship||Test Score||GPA||Yearly Value|
|Presidential||32-36 ACT or 1420-1600 SAT||3.50+||$28,000|
|UA Scholar||30-31 ACT or 1360-1410 SAT||3.50+||$24,000|
|Foundation in Excellence||29 ACT or 1330-1350 SAT||3.50+||$15,000|
|Foundation in Excellence||30-36 ACT or 1360-1600 SAT||3.00-3.49||$15,000|
|Collegiate||28 ACT or 1300-1320 SAT||3.50+||$10,000|
|Capstone||27 ACT or 1260-1290 SAT||3.50+||$8,000|
|Capstone||28-29 ACT or 1300-1350 SAT||3.00-3.49||$8,000|
|Crimson Legends||25-26 ACT or 1200-1250 SAT||3.50+||$6,000|
|Crimson Legends||27 ACT or 1260-1290 SAT||3.00-3.49||$6,000|
- Spring 2023: Students who have submitted an application and all supporting documents by December 15 with a qualifying GPA and ACT or SAT score by December 15
- Fall/Summer 2023: Students who have submitted an application and all supporting documents by May 1 with a qualifying GPA through December of senior year and qualifying test score through February 2023
Qualifying admitted students will automatically receive one of these scholarships. Notifications are sent approximately 2 weeks following admission.
*The listed notifications are for Fall and Summer Semester 2023 admits only. Because several factors go into a student’s competitive award, it will not be uncommon for students admitted by an earlier date to receive a later notification. If you do not receive notification for an early round, your scholarship application will roll to the third round for further review. All Spring Semester 2023 notifications will be released in mid-December.
A student with a 4.0+ GPA and 36 ACT OR 1600 SAT will be selected as a Presidential Elite Scholar and will receive
- Value of tuition for up to four years or eight semesters for degree-seeking undergraduate and graduate or law studies
- First year of on-campus housing at regular room rate (based on assignment by Housing and Residential Communities)
- $1,000 per year supplemental scholarship for four years
- $2,000 one-time allowance for use in summer research or international study (after completing one year of study at UA)
$500 per year Supe Store book scholarship for four years
If you are awarded a UA Competitive Admissions Scholarship but also meet the criteria for one or more Automatic Merit Scholarships, you will receive the highest of the scholarship offers.
Please visit the Scholarships FAQ page for additional details about UA’s competitive and automatic scholarship.
Please have standardized test scores sent directly to The University of Alabama from the testing agency.
- SAT code is 1830
- ACT code is 0052
- A Note About Test Scores: The optional writing section on the SAT or ACT is not required for admission or scholarship purposes. Only students who have taken the ACT or SAT prior to high school graduation with qualifying test scores and grade point average by the stated deadlines may be eligible for the above Automatic Merit Scholarships.
- A Note About Gap Years: Students who have taken a gap year between the completion of high school and enrolling at The University of Alabama and have qualifying test scores and grade point averages may be awarded automatic merit scholarships based on the amounts advertised for the year that the student would have enrolled immediately following high school graduation. Please reach out to Undergraduate Scholarships for prior year automatic merit scholarship values and its criterion. For a full listing of the Scholarship Gap Year Policy, visit our scholarship policy website.
Step 3: Additional Scholarship Opportunities
- National Alumni Association
- Diversity Based Merit Scholarship
- National Merit Scholarships
- Academic Elite
- External Scholarships
The University of Alabama’s commitment to fostering academic excellence and creating opportunities for students is exemplified through its comprehensive scholarship program. By offering a diverse range of scholarships, the university ensures that students from various backgrounds and disciplines can pursue their education without the burden of excessive financial constraints.
As prospective or current students, it is essential to explore these scholarship opportunities and leverage the resources available at the University of Alabama to unlock your full potential and achieve academic success.